首页 > 自考资讯 > 自考知识

区别辨析avail、benefit与profit

头条共创 2024-08-11

这些动词均含有“有益于,有益”之意。


avail :较文雅,常见于历史小说、演说或讲道中,较少用于日常话语,侧重功效或效力。

His efforts were to no avail

他徒劳无功。


I apologized repeatedly, but to little avail.

我一再道歉,但丝毫没有奏效。


I avail myself of this opportunity to renew to you the assurances of my highest consideration.

顺致最崇高的敬意。


Of what avail is it?

何济于事?


Now it's done, regrets are of no avail.

事已如此,后悔也是枉然。


benefit :通常既可指个人情况(如身体、智力或精神状态等)的好转或改善,又可指对实现某个目标等带来的好处。

We should spend the money on something that will benefit everyone.

我们应该把这笔钱花在大家都能得益的事上。


Both sides have benefited from the talks.

双方都从谈判中获益。


profit :着重于物质方面的受益,常用于财富或知识等方面的得益。

Farmers are profiting from the new legislation.

新法规使农民受益。


We tried to profit by our mistakes (= learn from them).

我们努力从错误中吸取教训。


Many local people believe the development will profit them.

当地的许多人认为,这项开发将对他们有利。

版权声明:本文转载于今日头条,版权归作者所有,如果侵权,请联系本站编辑删除

猜你喜欢